Solar energy is the light from the sun that can be harnessed with the help of solar panels installed with a large number of solar cells. Solar panels use the technology of photovoltaics to take advantage of the intense sunlight to generate electricity. It is also used for several other applications like to heat water.
This is a renewable source of energy that is also sustainable. It is one of the most eco-friendly methods of generating electricity; the fact that sunlight is available in abundance is an added advantage. This article describes the growing use of solar energy and how both residences and commercial places can benefit from it. It is a must-read for those searching for solar batteries for sale.
The Growing use of Solar Energy on Sunshine Coast
The use of solar energy is on the rise which is becoming obvious from the increase in the number of solar parks around the world. A solar park is essentially a concentrated zone for the development of solar power. Listed are some of the most popular solar energy parks around the world:
- Bhadla Solar Park: The Bhadla solar park is located in Rajasthan that has grown to a 2.2 GW (2245 MW) solar power project, and is now fully operational.
- Delingha Solar Park: This is a solar park that is located to the north of Haixi in the Qinghai Province of China. It happens to be a 1000 MW power plant however, it is expected to grow to 2 GW plant.
- Jinchuan Solar Park: This is a 960 MW solar power plant that is located in Jinchuan Solar Park in China’s Gansu Province.
- Rewa Ultra Solar Park: This is a 750 MW solar park in Madhya Pradesh with a total cumulative capacity of 750 NW. This was developed by Mahindra susten, Acme solar and Solenergi.
- Pavagada Solar Park: The Pavagada solar park that is located in the Tumakuru district of Karnataka in December 2019 and is a 2050 MW solar power project. It was the largest solar power project in the world for a brief period of time; although after expansion the Bhadla Solar Park has taken the title of being the largest Solar Park in the world. This was initially planned to be a 2000 MW solar power project.
- Goldmud Desert Solar Park: The Goldmud Desert Solar Park is located in the Golmud Desert which happens to be to the east of Golmud in the Qinghai Province of China. It is a solar park that accommodates over 55 solar power plants. The cumulative capacity of this solar power plant surpasses 1800 MEW however, it is expected to be expanded to a 4 to 5 GW solar power plant. Huanghe Hydorpower’s solar project which also contributes the overall capacity of this park was one of the largest solar power plants in the world at one point in time.
How is Solar Energy Beneficial for your Home & Office
There are many benefits of opting solar energy as listed here:
- It does not cost to use solar energy and the maintenance costs of solar panels are also very low. Thus, the cost of energy products using this method is more-or-less zero.
- Transport energy from a local electrical distribution centre results in the loss of energy. However, as far as solar panels are concerned, the loss of energy is minimised.
- There is a high level of flexibility when it comes to the installation of the solar panels since they can be installed both vertically and horizontally. The main factor to consider is that it should be placed in a way that it is always exposed to the sunlight.